About our Restaurant
The Royal Balti House is Bolton's oldest Indian restaurant. Established in 1969 under the name of Kohinoor (Jewel In The Crown), it remains a legendary culinary landmark and favourite amongst foodies and critics alike, playing host to celebrities and regular patrons who return time after time to enjoy our exquisite traditional Indian cuisine.
At the Royal Balti House we sample our food in the most practical way. Our chefs and staff all regularly sample our dishes to ensure customer satisfaction, and our success can be measured by how far our customers travel. We have visitors who travel 50 or more miles on a regular basis to taste our gastronomic delights.
The warm hospitable ambience of the Royal Balti House together with the exceptional quality and variety of cuisine, has made the restaurant the perfect environment for special events.
What better place to celebrate with family and friends?
Don't just take our word for it
• Awarded Master Chef Caterers
• Winner of the Bolton News Best Restaurant of the Year
• Customer Excellence Award
• Bolton News Readers Gold Award and Highly Commended Award
• Bolton Festival Restaurant of the Year
• Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 and 2016
... plus many other prestigious awards.